The Central Selection Committee of National Florence Nightingale Awards under the chairmanship of Justice V Gopala Gowda, Retired Supreme Court, India held on 5th January 2019 at Indian Nursing Council.
Hon’ble Supreme Court Judge (Retired) has approved the effort of World Health Organisation (WHO), International Council of Nurses (ICN) and All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Global Health for initiating to Campaign which is very much required because Nurses and Midwives are back bone for Health Care Delivery System in India. Nursing Fraternity needs to be empowered and support for providing comprehensive Primary Health Care to the rural population.
The Members who participated are as follows:
1. Dr. T Dileep Kumar, President Indian Nursing Council
2. Mrs. G K Khurana, Secretary General, All India Government Nurses Federation (AIGNF)
3. Mrs. Harinder Jeet Goyal, Principal, R A K New Delhi
4. Dr. Asha Sharma, Vice President Indian Nursing council
5. Sh. Rathish Nair, Secretary, Indian Nursing Council
6. Sh. V S R Krishna, Advocate, Indian Nursing Council
7. Prof. (Dr.) Roy K George, President, TNAI & Principal, Baby Memorial College of Nursing
8. Dr. Punitha Ezhalarasu, Sr. Consultant Nursing, Indian Nursing council
9. Mrs. K S Bharati, Joint Secretary, Indian Nursing Council